We are open!
See our Welcome Back page for more information and what to expect. Thank you & we hope to see you soon!
For the latest information concerning Coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit the following page with updated information.
During each of our weekend services, our River Kids leaders provide much more than childcare. From the moment you drop off your child, to the moment you pick them up, they experience safe, age-specific environments designed with them in mind. Our River Kids staff and volunteers present fun and engaging church services that clearly communicate one Biblical truth each week. Make sure to ask your kids what Bible point and Bible verse they learned this week. Classrooms for ages 8 weeks-4 years old are located off the east hallway. The worship center for ages 5 years-5th grade is located in Building B For more information about River Kids, or to volunteer, contact our River Kids Coordinator, Megan Whittington at (325) 518-9634.
RIVER KIDS OPENING GUIDELINES
Child care on Sundays for ages 1 year to 4 years old.
What to expect:
- Workers will be wearing a mask.
- Only one parent is allowed in the childcare area.
- The parent will need to wear a mask while in the childcare area.
- The same parent needs to drop-off and pick-up.
- The parent’s and the child’s temperature will be taken at drop-off and pick-up.
- The child and the parent will be asked to use hand sanitizer at drop-off and pick-up.
- Rooms and toys will be cleaned/sanitized before and after each class.
- If your child has ANY SYMPTOMS, coughing, sneezing, runny nose, etc.., they will not be allowed in class – COVID related or not.
- CLASS FOR THE 1 YEAR TO 2 YEAR OLDS WILL OPEN AT 9:45 AM.
- CLASS FOR 3 YEAR TO 4 YEAR OLDS WILL OPEN AFTER THE 2ND WORSHIP SONG IN THE SERVICE. They will join you in service and then you will take them to their class.
- The children’s worship bags will still be available for all the children who will be staying in the service
No matter where you’re coming from, you’ll find a place here where you can fit right in, continue to grow in your faith and put your faith into action through service at The River. God didn’t create us to walk through life alone. I believe that we grow together. As we come together to encourage one another, help and support one another, and do life together, God gives us hope and joy like we could never experience on our own. We invite you to do life with us. We know there are many great churches in Abilene, TX and we would be honored for you to be our guest at The River this Sunday 10:00am. Stop by the info booth in the lobby before or after worship where we’ll be glad to talk to you personally, answer your questions and help you find your place at The River. On behalf of my family, the Staff, Elders, and myself, we look forward to seeing you soon.